Plans & Pricing
Does My Company Subscribe?
A negative customer experience presents a number of consequences for companies. For UK and US digital commerce decision-makers, it can have an effect on their conversion rates, as well as damage their brand image, a May survey revealed.
Digital customer experience management software firm UserReplay surveyed UK and US decision-makers about the concerns they face, especially when it comes to understanding their customers. The largest share (43%) of UK and US ecommerce decision-makers said that a key consequence of a suboptimal digital customer experience was the effect it had on their digital conversion rates. Additionally, more than a third said that it could damage their reputation or brand image. Another 33% believed poor mobile user experience was a consequence.
Mobile certainly presents these decision-makers with a steep learning curve. The transition to mobile access is one of the primary barriers that UK and US ecommerce decision-makers face to better understanding the online customer experience. As the omnichannel shopping experience has expanded, and more shoppers than ever browse, research and buy via mobile, decision-makers are left unsure about how they are actually interacting with digital retailers on mobile phones, and how to create the right omnichannel experience based on that.
Lack of tools and technology to quantify and prioritize digital customer issues is also a problem, according to a third of respondents.
In terms of ecommerce challenges, in particular, just 22% of UK and US ecommerce decision-makers don’t have trouble understanding why customers may struggle with their website, whereas the other 78% face a moderate to significant challenge. Furthermore, more than three-quarters of UK and US ecommerce decision-makers found that managing negative sentiment around their online experience—whether from social media or call central feedback—and the levels of shopping cart abandonment (before payment) were also a moderate to significant challenge.
You've never experienced research like this.
Nearly all Fortune 500 companies rely on us.
Inquire about corporate subscriptions today.